Rani Devendra Kumari Public School follow the following Examination and Promotion Policy as CBSE Norms: Periodical Test Rules: ( For class IX &X)
- It will be taken three times in a session on separate answer sheet.
- It will cover the syllabus taught recently ( three or four chapter only)
- Top two scored marks will be considered for final calculation in 10 marks weight age.
Class Test Rules:
- Test in every subject is taken on every alternate week ( at least two times in a month) .
- One subject will be taken in one day.
- Pre information about test & lessons are given in students diary as HW.
- The Class test notebooks are managed /kept by the subject teacher in the school ( From 1 to V) . The students of class 6 onwards would manage their own test notebooks.
- It will always carry maximum 20 marks of ½ hour duration .
- Test would be exempted during long holidays ( Diwali break & winter break) and one week before term end examination (TEE).
- If there is any holiday ,the pending test will be taken on next day along with other scheduled test .
- Its marks would be given weightage of 10 marks in every exam. Top two test marks would be considered so the Parents should encourage the child to do better in every next test.
Examination Rules :
- Students will be promoted in the next class only after passing D grade or 33 % in all the subject separate and aggregate. However no fail rule is practiced in this school upto primary /middle classes.
- Compartment/ Improvement will be given in case the students gets 32 marks or below.
- The date of examination can not be proponed / postponed unless it is officially changed.
- Child absent from any examination will not be re-examined in any cases. Subject enrichment activities , Oral, Assignment , Project can be taken before or later on.
- 75 % attendance is compulsory for the students to appear in the examination. ( Medical leave can be considered)
- Both Grade & Marks will be reflected in the Report card.
- Question in the class test/ exam may be asked from mid of the chapter not only from the exercise given in the book.
- Hard word / diagram/ summary/ unseen passage / reading comprehension may be given without making revision in any exam or test.
- Late submission of assignment & project may reduce one mark . Assignment & Project prepared by other will be declared unaccepted and will be given 0 2 marks only.
- Answer sheet of exam is shown on pre planned scheduled day only .It will not be shown later on.It will never be shown without parents / guardian.
- Oral will be taken on the same day of written examination.
- No question can be raised on the marking decision of the subject teacher. Complain can be made to the principal if any discrimination/mistakes is seen.
- Please go through the class test / revision test/ assignment/ C.W /HW attentively to know the pattern of questions to be asked in the examination.
- Exam datesheet will be supplied to the students in diary before 15 days of examination.
- The students will not be allowed to appear in the examination if fee are not paid upto the month.
- Note: The syllabus exam wise/Term wise will be supplied to the students before one month or in the beginning of the term . If any change is made ,the students will be informed through school diary.
- Any chapter, topic or exercise may be skipped off or left because of their irrelevancy or lack of time ( From 1 to VIII)
- Class test / Assignment/ Projects/Oral/Activity/ note book submission are equally important to stand in position or obtaining good grade in the final assessment. So parents are requested to give due importance of these assessments. Please go through the Class Test / Revision Test/ Home Assignment/ C.W/Worksheet attentively to know the pattern of questions to be asked in the examination.
Exam / Periodical Test schedule 2020-21
|I to V||1st Evaluation (I Term)||21th -26st August 2020||Friday|
|2nd Evaluation ( II Term)||23rd to 28th November2020||Monday|
|3rd Evaluation ( III Term)||As Depend on Board Exam||March Ist Week|
|VI to VIII||I Term Examination||21st to 26thSeptember 2020||Monday|
|II Term Examination||As Depend on Board Exam||March Ist Week|
|IX to XII||Periodical Test 1/Unit Test(XI/XII)||4th to 8th August 2020||Tuesday|
|(Half Yearly)Periodical Test 2/Unit Test-II(XI/XII)||21st to 26thSeptember 2020||Monday|
|Periodical Test 3/Unit Test(XI/XII) I Pre-Board(For Class X and XII)||23rd to 28th November2020||Monday|
|II Pre board Exam ( For X,XII only)||15th to 19th December 2020||Tuesday|
|III Pre board Exam ( For X only)||21th to 27th January 2021||Monday|
|IV Pre board Exam (For X Only)||01 Feb to 6th Feb 2020||Monday|
|Final examination ( For All Classes)||As per CBSE board exam datasheet||As per CBSE board exam datasheet|
|Final Examination ( For X)||As per CBSE board exam datasheet||As per CBSE board exam datasheet|
Class Test Schedule & Rules:
|Schedule:FIRST WEEK ( Of Month)||SECOND WEEK ( Of Month)|
|Class||1 to 5||6 to 10||Class||1 to 5||6 to 10|
|Note: * means “ No test”. -Test of Sanskrit/GK/Comp will be taken according to the day falls in class timetable.|
|Class||Exam||Syllabus in %||Revision|
|1 to 5||I Term||30 %||No revision|
|II Term||30 % ( Middle)||15 % revision in Maths, grammar & GK only|
|III Term||40 % (Last)||25 % in Maths, grammar & G.K. only|
|6 to 8||I term||50 %||No revision|
|II Term||50 % ( Last)||10 % revision in class VI ( All Sub)
20 % Revision in Class VII ( All Sub)
30 % Revision in class VIII ( All Sub
|9th & 10th||No term P.A Exam||As per CBSE Curriculum||From 1st to last chapter will be asked as scheme wise break up as per board rules|
|11th 12th||No Term Unit Test||As per CBSE Curriculum||From 1st to last chapter will be asked as scheme wise break up as per board rules|